Friday, December 15, 2006

Drinkin' for A living

Shit, it's been a long time since I've put anything up here. Mostly I'm still taking care of Rowan, but I'm also now selling wine a couple of days a week at Fine Vines in Reno. So I get to sample a lot of stuff and I'm learning to talk like a wine snob. Kinda gotta do that, since most people who buy wine would rather hear "peppery, with hints of leather and lingonberry" than, "dude, this Chianti is fuckin' awesome and you should try some". I'm lousy at the wine description thing though, probably due to 20 years of smoking burning out my tastebuds. I'm sure I'll learn to fake it though.

Here are a couple of good wines you should give a try if you can find them:

2002 Renwood "Jack Rabbit Flat" Zinfandel

2003 Rufino Il Ducale

I tried a fabulous Cabernet from Nickel and Nickel, but since most of their wines run around $80 a bottle I suppose it isn't surprising. Great wine, but more than I'm normally willing to spend on a bottle myself. Maybe for a special occasion though. I don't remember the year or vineyard it came from, but I've been told that everything they do is very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home